Objectives of the SchemeUpdated on : 14 Nov 2017
The specific objectives of the scheme are as follow:
- To provide an incentive for manufacturers and importers to reduce adverse environmental impact of products.
- To reward genuine initiatives by companies to reduce adverse environmental impact of their products.
- To assist consumers to become environmentally responsible in their daily lives by providing information to take account of environmental factors in their purchase decisions.
- To encourage citizens to purchase products which have less harmful environmental impacts.
- Ultimately to improve the quality of the environment and to encourage the sustainable management of resources.