• In compliance to the aforesaid order dated 30/07/2018, State Govt. and SPCBs/PCCs of 21 States/UTs (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, J&K, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Chandigarh, Puducherry, Odisha, Punjab, Himachal, Kerala, Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep) have been asked for taking necessary action and compliance of the same.
• A Monitoring Committee has been constituted:
i. Dr. Ajay Deshpande, former expert member, NGT ……Chairman
ii. Dr. A. N. Vaidya, Chief Scientist &Head, Solid and HWM Division, NEERI, Nagpur
iii. Dr. D. C. Sharma, Prof., Department of Civil Engg., Raja Rajeswari Group of Institution, Bangalore
iv. Dr. A. Manoharan, Former Senior Scientist, CPCB,
v. Member Secretary, Gujarat PCB
vi. Dr. Sonu Singh, Sc D., HSM Division, MoEF&CC
vii. Sh. Bharat K Sharma, Sc. E & Nodal Officer, CPCB
The Monitoring committee has:
- held meetings (on Aug 24, 2018; Sept. 24-25, 2018; Oct. 25-26, 2018; December 11, 2018 and January 07-09, 2019).
- conducted field visits in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Aurangabad, Vadodara and Bhiwadi.
- Interacted with Customs officials at JNPT, Mumbai, on 15/10/2018.
- Interacted through Video Conference with all SPCBs/PCCs on 25/10/2018.
- Interacted with TSDF operators and Co-processors/Pre-processors on 25/10/2018.
- Interacted with Sh. Rajiv Narayan, applicant in the said matter on 25/10/2018.
- Interacted with Sh. Sanjay Parikh, Learned Counsel in the matter of M.A. No. 1302/2018 in Interlocutory Application No. 63 in W.P. (C) No. 657/1995 on January 08, 2019.
- Interacted with Director General, Factory Advisory Services and Labour Institute (DGFALSI), Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Custom Authority (Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs) and Ministry of Shipping on January 09, 2019.
- Submitted First interim report of the Monitoring Committee to deal with the urgent issues-Enforcement of provisions of the Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and Transboundary Movement) Rules, 2016, in Solvent Recovery Units, which has been submitted to the Hon’ble Tribunal
- Submitted Interim Report of Monitoring Committee on Management of Hazardous Waste (in the matter of O. A. No. 804/2017 and M. A. No. 1302/2018)